The mandate of CERE is to support holistic formation of learners through value-based education that leads to the realization of their full potential and responsible-integrated life.
In fulfilling this mandate, CERE is guided by Gospel values, Catholic ethos and the focus on provision of holistic and life-long education. CERE:
- focuses on spiritual, moral, physical, emotional and social development of the individual child.
- compliments the Government by building capacity of Teachers and Boards of Managements for effective teaching and governance of Schools, increasing access, improving retention and quality of education through the programmes initiated and scholarships.
- Provides School infrastructure even in hard–to-reach areas/
- conducts parenting training programmes
- establishes and maintains special needs and disability Institutions.
Strategic objectives of CERE
- To strengthen the capacity of stakeholders in provision of quality value based education, holistic formation.
- To ensure provision of quality pastoral care, effective teaching of pastoral instructions, CRE and other formative programmes.
- To strengthen financial base, accountability& stewardship at school, diocesan and Commission level
- To provide capacity building training for Catholic educators in governance and accountability
- To strengthen capacity of schools in educationally less endowed Arch/Dioceses and Special Needs Education institutions